Have brown spots on scrotum, spreading to face. What is it?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have perfect brown spots on my scrotum and now spreading to my face what is this
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
Small brown spots on the scrotum and face are most commonly pigmentation spots which are benign and usually non progressive in nature.
Common causes are vitamin deficiency,sun burn,Pityriasis alba (it is a skin condition and cause is unknown but it usually resolves by itself),freckles,hormonal imbalance etc.

Most of the spots are harmless and usually resolve by themselves in time.
If there are any other symptoms as itching,changes in size,shape and consistency consider visiting a Physician for evaluation.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Have brown spots on scrotum, spreading to face. What is it? 4 hours later
The one on my face started out small, but it grew bigger. I was sexsualy active, started itching through out my body
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Thanks for writing again.

There are several possibilities that could arise in this case. I would request you to upload a picture of the spots using the "Upload your reports" section on the right. Further, the itching may be either related or unrelated to these brown spots.
As I believe that more information can help a physician help a patient better, I would request you to answer the following questions:
a. Since when do you have the spots?
b. Are you currently taking any medication?
c. Apart from pancreatitis, is there any pre-existing illness we should know about?
d. Is this also associated with a rash?

Awaiting your reply