Have brown and black spots in vagina like freckles and moles. What is it?

I have brown/black spots in vagina;like freckles/moles?
Posted Tue, 10 Sep 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief answer...Without physical examination,it is not possible to comment on it.
Detailed answer..
It can be a freckle also.
It can be a vaginal melanoma also and specially if you are having any bleeding,discharge,irritation etc.
The best would be to go to a gynecologist and get it physically examined to have the proper diagnosis.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any  further query.
Best of luck
Follow-up: Have brown and black spots in vagina like freckles and moles. What is it? 34 hours later
Thank you very much indeed for reply;I noticed now whilst in the shower that one of them appears slightly raised,that ok?
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 29 minutes later
A gynecologist examination should be able to tell the possible differential diagnosis and future course of action.