Have bronchitis, dry cough, stuffy nose and fever. How long it takes to get cured?

How long is it normal to not feel well with bronchitis? About 3 1/2 weeks ago i had sinus pressure and ear pain so i went to a walk in clinic.I was given Ammox for ear infections and sinus infection. 10 days later i started with a hacking dry cough, stuffy nose and fever so I went to my PCP and was seen by on call Dr. He told me I had a lot of tightness and wheezing, dx bronchitis and gave me ZPack and albuterol inhaler. Then 7 days later i woke up and couldnt breathe,didn't feel like inhaler was giving me any relieve so I went to Urgent Care. They did a chest Xray and confirmed bronchitis dx and gave me Augmentin 875 twice daily.and flovent. It's been 3 days and I thought I was feeling better and then suddenly this afternoon I became exhausted again. Is this normal or did I stop getting better?
Posted Mon, 17 Dec 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 3 hours later

I think there is no reason for worry.

You have been seen by doctors on occasions, investigated properly.

The treatment also seems to be fine. What you had is take proper rest
-Avoid heavy diet, take frequent small meals.
-Drink plenty of liquids, hot ones are better
-keep regular follow up with your doctor
-Avoid strong smell or possible allergens.

I hope this clarifies your concern,

Wishing you speedy recovery,