Have brittle, dry weightless hair due to chemical straightening. How to get back my natural hair?

hi i am male 20 years i had chemically straightened my hair 2 years back but my hair got damaged very badly the symptoms are brittle dry lusterless and hair without any weight and there are little freckles of hair that XXXXXXX and look ugly i have even shaved my hair couple of times but my natural hair didnt return i am seriously very worried and cannot concentrate on anything i dont face severe hairfall i hope you can help me get my natural hair back
Posted Wed, 31 Jul 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 3 hours later

Chemical process damage only shaft of hairs, and not the follicles.

Brittle hairs suggest the poor nutrition.

You are having hair loss.. It may be telogen effluvium.

There may be deficiencies of minerals,essential aminoacids and vitamins.

There are many causes of telogen effluvium.

Physical and psychological trauma,accident,surgery,any chronic illness,anaemia , drugs like antidepressants,endocrinal diseases like hypothyroidism,malignancies ....etc

You should be investigated to rule out any XXXXXXX disease.

For that you consult nearby dermatologist.

If there is any disease , it should be treated.

Improve nutrition.

Have good sleep.

Avoid worries and stress.

To improve dry hairs:

Allow the hair to air dry. Avoid heat to dry.

After shampooing, put a few drops of XXXXXXX essential oil in your hand and rub it through your wet hairs.

Use a natural-bristle brush. These brushes distribute the hair's natural oils more easily.

Trim your hair once every month to get rid of old, dry split-ends.

Limit your exposure to the sun, wind and water,as these cause damage.

Avoid harsh styling products.

Use natural products.

I think , your hairs might be improved after few months, you have to keep patience.
I hope you might be satisfied with my answer.

Still, if you have any query, you may ask .. and you may post the photo of of your scalp...ok.

Dr.Ilyas Patel MD

Follow-up: Have brittle, dry weightless hair due to chemical straightening. How to get back my natural hair? 8 hours later
doctor i have showed to a dermatologist 2 times they say i have no XXXXXXX disease or something like that i am worried that i am not getting my natural hair back the hair i have right now is brittle and dry and has no weight and there are lot of split ends can you please advise me some medication so that i can get my natural hair back and i am at peace i have even shaved my hair many times but that didnt help is there no way to get my natural hair back i had chemically straightened my hair only once or the chemicals have done a permanent damage
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 6 hours later

Welcome back.

You follow my advice as I suggested previously.

And you try following medicines.

Cap vitamin E 400 mg daily.

Tablet containing PABA and biotin daily.

Tablet containing zinc sulfate 220 mg daily.

All abve medicines may be taken for long time..about 2 to 3 years.

Do the shampoo of herbs.

You apply almonds oil daily in dry hairs.

This would improve your hairs.

But, you keep patience.

And again I remind you to follow previous advice... Ok

I hope this much answer , you will accept it.

Wishing you good hairs.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD
Follow-up: Have brittle, dry weightless hair due to chemical straightening. How to get back my natural hair? 12 minutes later
thank you very much doctor i have one more question is that my will my natural hair which i have from my parents will return or is it gonna remain the same way or improve slightly because its been more than 1 and half years
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 9 hours later

You do not worry.

Just have patience.

And be positive.

And follow all my advice.

Gradually you might get your original hairs.

Wishing you having healthy hairs.

If you are satisfied with my answers , please accept them and let we stop our discussion..ok

Good luck.