Have breast pain. Did mammogram. Came normal. What could be the reason?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
hi i had a 3 yarly mamogram done a couple of weeks ago and came back normal. I do exercise once a week and last week I wondered if 'd over done it, did a lot of arm movements. Now I have an ache rahter than pain on the side of my breast. its not painful at all,, but just feels like a dull ache. Having said that my arms ache from exercising! Do you think its too much arm movement or something I need to be concerned about?
Posted Thu, 21 Feb 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later

First thing you need to do is relax. This doesn't seem to be any pathology and you are likely to be fine in a few days.Ache on the side of breast seems due to muscle spasm which might be due to excessive exercising.To get relief from the ache-
1. Do hot fomatation at the site.
2. Apply local anti-inflammatory gel 2-3 times a day.
3. Take anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen 1 tablet as and when required.
4. Do not lift weight or try to do exercise that involve painful muscles.

I hope this is helpful to you.
If you have any questions I will be happy to answer.
Please close the query if you have no other questions.

Wishing you good health...
Dr Saurabh Gupta.
Orthopaedic Surgeon.