Have bradycardia. On daily healthy exercise, yoga and meditation. Why am I skipping beats?

Cardiologist, Interventional
Question
i am vegan,take b12,i am also 75,i was told i have bradycardia,i swim one mile everyday,walk 3 miles and practice tai chi chuan and pa kua chuan one hour per day,some yoga,meditation,but myheart rate is 55 ,they say i skip a beat?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 2 hours later

It is normal to have bradycardia and few ectopics in highly trained athelets and at your age. If you no symptoms I don’t see any reason to be worried.

In case if there are any other concerns or giddiness than you can have echocardiography done through a competent cardiologist to check you left ventricular function. If the test comes normal, then there are no issues at all.

Hope this answers your query. If you have any doubts/clarification now, feel free to post your response. I will be glad to assist you further. Do accept the answer if you do not have any further queries.

Follow-up: Have bradycardia. On daily healthy exercise, yoga and meditation. Why am I skipping beats? 18 hours later
made a mistake,yhe world trade center in 911,i developed lots of inflammatiom and had open sores in my legs for 8 yearsmthe inflammation gathered also behind the plate bone in the back that moves the arm,behind the heart,i still have small remnats of that heat

Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 4 hours later
Hi and thanks again,

I understand the injuries sustained have been bothering you. But clinically these would not influence heart and would not make any difference to cardiac discussion.

These “inflammation” would not be a cause of bradycardia.

Hope this is clear to you. Yet should you have any other doubts, I will be glad to help you. Do accept the answer if you do not have any other queries.

Best Regards