Have borderline diabetes, thick sticky saliva and waxy fingers. What treatment should be done?

sticky, thickish saliva (I have borderline diabetes, too)

Also somewhat waxy fingers, sometimes sticky
Posted Sat, 27 Apr 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 20 minutes later
Dear friend, welcome and thanks for entrusting your query here at Healthcaremagic!
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- and am glad to address to your query here.

Thick sticky saliva can occur in Xerostomia (dry mouth).
Waxy fingers occur in many conditions like autoimmune diseases (scleroderma, Raynaud’s phenomenon etc).
Sticky saliva, waxy fingers and diabetes together favour some auto-immune disease.
I would advise you to get well evaluated to look for some systemic common cause for your symptoms.

Greater details and a photo of the fingers would help me.

It would greatly help if you could upload a photo here using the uploading service available on this site just below the text box. You can email the reports / photos to
with subject- (Attn: Dr. Prasad Akole)

I hope to have answered your query satisfactorily.
I would be glad to answer any further queries. Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at
Good Luck!
Thank you!!