Have boils between nose and upper lip. Growing in size and itchy. What to do?

I have boils between my nose and upper lip. it began with an occasional itch. I scratched it. then it felt a bit hard. then I realized these boils growing in less than two days. I felt I was getting ill. Like a fever but it went away then this came.
Posted Mon, 17 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 1 hour later

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

It could be infection of the skin there. After a physical examination your doctor will prescribe antibiotic ointment along with oral antibiotics if required.

Do not touch the infected area or scratch it and touch other areas of the body as the infection can spread to other parts. Since the infection is in a area called danger area from where the infection can spread to brain I suggest you should contact your doctor at the earliest.

Continue to ask further queries as required.
Hope this helps.
Dr Y V Siva Sankara Murty
Associate Professor of Pediatrics