Have body ache, numbness in feet, hands after waking up. What could be the reason and treatment?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
i wake up with body aching. Also my feet and hands will be numb.. waht causes that? and what can i do to prevent it?
Posted Wed, 6 Jun 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Generalized body aches with numbness in hands and feet can be due to a systemic cause like electrolyte imbalance, vitamin B complex or methylcobalamin deficiency, generalized viral illness, peripheral vascular disease, diabetes, neuropathy, etc.
You need to keep your body well hydrated with plenty of fresh fruit juices.
Regular intake of rejuvenating fluids might help. Apart from the sports drinks which contain glucose and electrolytes you must have enough water alongwith to avoid dehydration.
Taking vitamin B complex supplements and methylcobalamin supplements for at least two weeks regularly will help in reducing your problem.
In case the problem is persistent, then a detailed evaluation is needed under the guidance of your physician to find out the cause. The treatment will then depend on the cause detected.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.