Have blood pressure, taking medications. Suffering from pain. What could be the reason?

I've been taking blood pressure medication for ten months and it's average 5 points higher on top of making me feel crook-only getting raised eyebrows-195/100 average doesn't change much day or nite - just turned 66 - first noticed in mid 30s - always had severe (ache-pain) through middle when confronted with fight or flight situation-only lasts couple minutes-could I have something wrong inside ? XXXXXXX T.
Posted Thu, 4 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 1 hour later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Your pressure is not controlled – Systolic (upper figure) should be 140 or less / Diastolic should be 90 or less. You should aim for 130/80.
You should increase the dose of present medication to its upper limit and/or add additional medication...
Have basic investigations like ECG, ECHOcardiography, Electrolytes and kidney function...
Conditions like Pheochromocytoma can cause episodic bursts of increased pressure – may have to be ruled out...
You may need TMT (Treadmill Exercise ECG) / preferably with thallium / to evaluate the pain
Discuss with your treating doctor...

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck