Have blood pressure. Taking paxil 10mg. Safe to increase the dose?

Excellent
Question
i am afraid to increase my paxil to 20 mg as i already take .10mg paxil n diovan 160 n hctz 25 mg

im afraid my blood pressure will bottom out

they said my blood pressure is elevated due to anxiety...how will i know when to stop blood pressure med...i am in constant panic worried blood pressure to high or to low...t
have my mom take my b/p constantly at lease twice an hour

i am sorry i forgot to mention im on xanax .25 mg three times a day
Posted Sun, 28 Jul 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 2 hours later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

A change in the dose of any drug should only be done o the advice of your doctor... If your Internist or Psychiatrist has suggested, there need be no concern...

Stepping up Paxil will NOT drop your blood pressure to low levels...

Anxiety may only be adding on to the pressure / not the soul cause...supplementing, not supplanting
Most probably, most people may have to take the pressure medicines permanently

No need to check the pressure so frequently / just check it once a day; if similar on several days, checking it once a week, is more than sufficient...

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck

Follow-up: Have blood pressure. Taking paxil 10mg. Safe to increase the dose? 19 hours later
COULD YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT BLOOD PRESSURE IS

SAFE AND UNSAFE NUMBERS...WHAT NUMBERS SHOULD CONCERN ME FOR HIGH OR LOW BLOOD PRESSURE

DOES XANAX CAUSE SORE THROAT

Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 3 hours later
Hi

Normal Systolic pressure (upper figure) has a range - between 100 and 140
Normal Diastolic pressure (lower figure) is between 60 and 90

Xanax does not cause sore throat

ty for your responses

i am having a very difficult day with panic and anxiety

my meds are hctz 25 mg daily
diovan 160 mg daily
xanax .25 mg 3 x day
prevacid 15 mg day
amoxicillin 500 mg 2x day for sore throat
paxil 10 mg daily

my panic is overwhelming at times and need to increase paxil to 20 mg
my fear is if i increase paxil at 11 pm it will my b/p bottom out n i will die in my sleep

also can all these meds be taken safely

Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 1 hour later

Relax /
Hello

Blood pressures drugs - in their prescribed doses - do not drop the pressure to XXXXXXX levels.
We often prescribe these drugs to people without pressure - for reasons other than pressure
All your drugs are in proper dose limits / as a matter of fact, none of them is at the maximum dose level.
Your medicines are safe
Your major problem seems to be Panic / not pressure.
You will benefit from continued Psychiatric assessment and assistance

Regards...

Follow-up: Have blood pressure. Taking paxil 10mg. Safe to increase the dose? 2 days later
i am told by pharmacist that taking hctz .25 and paxil 20 may give me hyponatremia...is this true?
will it lower m y sodium to a XXXXXXX level?

what is the recommended amount of sodium i should take daily with htn
how often should i have blood work
can i take paxil if i have a cold

ty for your responses they have been helpful

Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 8 hours later
Hello

HCTZ can certainly lower sodium – that is the reason for its use! / The usual dose is 12.5 mg (25 is given less commonly) – it is better to reduce to this level / You can get combination product as single tablet. / Discuss with your doctor.
     You need not go for strict salt reduction...HCTZ is promoting sodium excretion... / Just avoid excess salt – like sprinkling on the table / Avoid pickles and preserved foods
     Normal diet may contain up to 6 or 8 grams of salt / avoiding additions will cut by approximately 2 grams / halving the amount in cooking will cut another 2 or 3 grams... / very low sodium diets need the advice of dietician, are unpalatable and difficult to sustain
     Check the blood after a week / if normal, check after a month / if normal again, check after 6 months...
If you are very much concerned, you can skip the diuretic (HCTZ) and go for a different class altogether - like Calcium Channel Blocker / your treating doctor will be the best judge...
You can take paxil, ‘if you have a cold’

COULD AIR CONDITION BLOWING ON MY FACE CAUSE EYE PAIN?

FEELS LIKE ITS THROBBING

TY

DOES XANAX CAUSE LEG PAIN

TY

Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 57 minutes later
Xanax does NOT cause leg pain
Air conditioner blowing on the face will NOT cause eye pain - it may at times cause irritation from contaminants, if not cleaned/serviced for long

Good luck