Have blood pressure 152/105. What does this show? Precautions?

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
I am male and my age is 35 I had my bp checkup today and it was 152/105 is it too high and what precaution I need to take
Posted Sun, 20 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
This is a high reading but I have suggestions.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for using Healthcare magic.
This reading is high but it would be advisable to take some more readings to make a better assessment. I suggest taking your blood pressure three times a day for a week. This will give a better and more accurate picture.
You are relatively young to have hypertension. There are some lifestyle changes that can lower a raised blood pressure. These are:
- If you are overweight then reducing your weight
- Following a low-salt diet with plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables
- Regular exercise
- Stop smoking
- Reduce your caffeine intake
- Relaxation therapies and yoga
Once you have some more blood pressure measurements, then consult your doctor for advice. A blood pressure consistently above 140/90 would be considered high.
I hope this has been of help. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Dr K A Pottinger,
Follow-up: Have blood pressure 152/105. What does this show? Precautions? 44 hours later
skin boils (abscesses) with pus filled and very painfull lasts around 10 days. recently visited skin doc and used some antibiotic then too getting them repeatedly recently had unproteced sex and does that of any reason for this. pls suggest cure for this and tedts that I need undergo
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
This is not my specialist area.

Detailed Answer:
This is not my specialist area. Therefore, I am not the most appropriate doctor to give you the best advice for this complaint.
I suggest you close this query and post a new query.
Dr K A Pottinger,