Have blood in urine every time. Treatment?

in the last 10 days I have blood in the urine every time I go to toilet the urine is very red
Posted Fri, 18 Oct 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You need evaluation...

Detailed Answer:

Presence of blood in the urine in a male patient of 55 years age is concerning. Blood can be as a result of stones, infection, enlarged prostate, trauma or tumour growth. I hope you are are not on blood thinning medications.

In this instant, I would urge you to get a urine routine and microscopy test done along with an ultrasound abdomen and PSA levels checked.

In the interim drink plenty of fluids and keep yourself well hydrated.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.