Have blood in urine and even clots, no infection. Had prostate removed. Further?

Hi I been peeing blood, have no infection, seems after I have a pee, I force to clear myself, that's when I bleed, even have clots, had prostrate removed in 2008, what you think I should do?
Posted Sat, 14 Sep 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Urology visit

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the query. The most common cause of bleeding in males is related to prostate issues, and you have a prior history of surgical removal of the prostate. Nevertheless, other structures from the urinary tract can bleed, including the kidneys and the bladder; most likely, the reason for the straining are retained clots at the level of the bladder causing intermittent obstruction. You should see your urologist with urgency, as you will need a series of tests, likely urinalysis, a CT scan and a cystoscopy to determine where the bleeding is coming from, what the cause is, and therefore the treatment options.

Yours truly,

Dr Brenes-Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic MN