Have blood clots and lower back pain, also burns while urinating. Why?

i blood clots and lower back pain also it burns when i pooin my urine
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 3 hours later

From what I understand you have lower back pain, blood in urine and burning sensation during micturition. Blood in urine is called hematuria; and from the symptoms that you have described, three possibilities are coming to my mind and needs to be evaluated. These include:

1)     UTI)
2)     Kidney stones
3)     Obstruction in the bladder and urethra.

To confirm the diagnosis, you need to get certain investigations done. These include Urinalysis, Urine culture, X-rays of the kidneys, Cystoscopy, IVP, Abdominal ultrasound and CT scan of the abdomen. I suggest you to get these investigations done from a physician.

Drink plenty of water till that time as it is very helpful in flushing out the toxins in case of infection. Cranberry juice will also benefit you.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up query.

Wish you good health and speedy recovery.