Have blood clot in mouth on the side and on lip. What does this mean?

i have blood clot in my mouth on the side and 2 litle blood clots on my lip inside my mouth what does that mean?
Posted Mon, 8 Oct 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 15 minutes later
Thanks for the question.

In cases of unexplained blood clot without any trauma one needs to investigate the coagulation status of the blood. Usually these kind of clots occur due to subcutaneous/sub-mucosal tiny hemorrhages.There can be various causes which can cause such hemorrhages.You will have to first rule out first accidental biting.If that's not the case then I think you should see a physician to get clinical examination done.The doctor may initially want to check your platelet count, bleeding and clotting time.

Please ask if you want me to explain anything.Regards.