Have blood clot in lung. On coumadin. Found lump on side of neck. Side effects of medicine?

Infertility Specialist
I have had a dvt in my leg. I stayed on coumadin for 6 months, 3 yrs later I had a bloodclot to my lung. I am now on coumadin for life. I lack a protien C. I just woke up today with a little lump on the left side of my neck. Its a little tender, hurts just a little when I touch it. Nothing real painful. Is there a chance it is a blood clot. I'm out of town and not close to my regular doctor. What are the chances of getting a blood clot while on coumadin.
Posted Sat, 1 Dec 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Biswajit Dash 36 minutes later

Well you are on coumadin anticoagulant. I would also like to know whether you monitor the INR and have adjusted the coumadin dose. The INR (International Normalized Ratio) needs to between 2 to 3. If it is out of range, there is chance of failure of therapy.

I can’t deny the possibility that the lump may be a superficial clot. Since you are out of the town, please visit a physician nearby for help.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Bye, take care.