Have blood clot in brain. Can this be cured after massaging head with oil?

Hello Doctor,

My Sister have 2 Blood clots in left and right part of the brain.Her age is 21 years.
Doctors have suggested to perform head massage using oil. Just wanted to know if massage can actually help in breaking the clot. Moreover,is there any specific oil to be used.
Why any medicines are not given yet?
Posted Tue, 28 May 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Pratap Sanchetee 5 hours later

I have seen the history given by you for your sister.

1 As she has craniopharyngioma, presence of blood clot and tumor need management.

2 If you can send more clinical details and MRI reports and if possible relevant MRI films, answer can be more specific.

3 Regarding massage, it has a soothing effect and does not influence content of brain inside skull bones. There any specific oil and use that suits your sister.

Follow-up: Have blood clot in brain. Can this be cured after massaging head with oil? 14 hours later
Thank you Sir for your help.
I will get all the reports uploaded at an earliest.

Meanwhile i still have some questions.

In XXXXXXX this year she got hit by the corner of bed due to which these clots appeared.

Doctors are saying these clots must be healed otherwise it will create serious problems in future.

1. If it is critical then why they are not administering any medicines instead of relying only on massage and some exercises.Will massaging regularly dissolve the clot?

2. I got your point stating that massage will not influence any content inside skull are these clots formed in the nerves which are on top of the skull bones that is why they have told to massage regularly.(i.e no need of medicines as of now,massage will be enough to dissolve the clot).

3. you also mentioned about the proper management because of the presence of blood clot and tumor.So Shall we go for the treatment of clot first then tumour? Doctors saying they will not go for surgery until clots are dissolved.

4. I have been informed about some natural remedies which are helpful in dissolving clots such as Ginkgo Bilboa,ginger,garlic etc. Can we start these as well?

Sorry Sir for asking too many questions without providing all the reports.I am worried about my sister.
Answered by Dr. Pratap Sanchetee 11 hours later

I apologize without relevant details and MRI report, I am unable to answer all your queries. Nevertheless I will try to answer some of your queries.

1. Regarding blood clots in brain: It is apparent that there is no relation with history of injury in XXXXXXX 2013. These clots either resolves by itself or get organised. In most of the cases they are harmless; but in few they do have consequences which may appear late also. However, there is no drug treatment or physiotherapy to deal with late consequences. Only time will decide. Get reassured as most of them are harmless.

2. Your doctor after reviewing patient and investigation will decide when and how to operate.

Hope this answers your query.

Wish all the best to your sister.

Pratap sanchetee