Have blood blister like rash on forehead. Symptoms of rosacea?

HIV AIDS Specialist
I have rosacea like symtoms on my cheeks and nose,but I also have skin coloured bumps on my forehead these bumps seem to be in a row. when I put my ball cap on my skin swells like a hive just where the hat band is. Yesterday I stood out in the wind for about ten minutes and blood blister like rash formed on my forehead. I went inside and it went away in about five minutes. Do you have any ideas what this could be?
Posted Wed, 6 Feb 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 5 hours later

The skin colored bumps may either be due to Acne vulgaris or may be due to ordinary skin infections with staphylococci. In the presence of infection there may be mild edema, which will be obvious when you put your cap; especially in the forehead area mild edema also will look prominent due to the loose tissue there. If you consult a Dermatologist he/she will give appropriate antibiotics for Staphylococcus infection or for acne and rule out any precipitating cause like immune suppressive drugs, diabetes etc. Then you will become alright completely.

Your problem of rosacea and blister following exposure to cold wind indicates that you may likely to have hypersensitivity to sunlight and cold. The dermatologist will also guide you how can you protect yourself from such environment.

Nothing serious.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know if you need further clarifications.

Get well soon...
Dr S.Murugan