Have blister on top of foot. Rashes popping around the blisters area. Should I go for medical check up?

I have a blister on top of my foot that at first looked like a bite, but it is not. a small rash is popping up around the area and it is getting to look worse. This was 2 days ago. Before that it looked fine. I am concerned, should I go to E.R.?
Posted Sat, 28 Jul 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in.

A blister on the foot with surrounding rash is quite suggestive of an infection. If not treated adequately, it can lead on to cellulitis, a severe condition where the foot can get swollen, red and extremely painful.

You will need a clinical examination and a course of antibiotics. These antibiotics are prescription drugs and thus I would be unable to prescribe it for you, without an examination.

It is advisable that you vist the ER and get yourself evaluated. Even though its not an emergency, I believe it can take some time for you to see your physician.

Please get back if you need any further information.

Dr Kiran