Have blister on big toe filled with fluid of honey colour. Is it cause for concern?

I have a blister on my big toe caused by a large piece of metal falling on it. The fluid in it is honey color and the blister is quite large. It happened one and a half ago. Should I go to rgent care. My doctor appointment isn' until next Tuesday. Thank you XXXXXXX
Posted Wed, 31 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later

It is not a much cause for worry as it is quite common to get blisters like that after a trauma.
Honey coloration is due to blood mixed with tissue fluid. However it would be appropriate to go the urgent care clinic / ER and get it drained and dressed with anti biotic ointment.

Take some anti biotics and anti inflammatory medications as advised by the doctor.
Your wound shall heal in next 5 to 7 days.

Wound healing generally gets delayed in case a person has uncontrolled diabetes.

I hope it helps; however you may revert to me for any further query.

Best of luck