Have blighted ovum with presence of embryo. No bleeding or cramping. Second opinion?

I was told that I have a blighted ovum but there was an embryo present 2 weeks prior. I have not had any bleeding or cramping. Should I get a second opinion? It was diagnosed at 7 weeks
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 30 minutes later
If an embryo was detected at an earlier scan then a blighted ovum is unlikely. At 7 weeks, fetal poles and cardiac activity with a well defined yolk sac should be detected.
You can have a second opinion and go for a repeat scan one week after your last scan to see any further growth in the fetus or the sac size.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.