Have blepharitis. Noticed purple spot on eye socket and feeling irritation. Is this serious?

Hi I feel an irritation in my eye ---I have blepharitis so am used to the prickly feeling of something there, and additionally have been sneezing all morning so thought it was that. When I investigated by peeling back, in so far as I could, the outer corner of my eyelid, I can see a purplish lump on the inside of my eye socket, roughly in the corner nearest my ear. What could it be? It looks like a vein? but round lump not stringy and not on the eye, on the eyelid.....I dont know if I shoudl be panicing.. I am going to South Asia for work tomorrow and dont want it to go uninvestigated if is it serious.sorry, it's on the eye socket not the eye lid
Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 21 minutes later
Thanks for sending your query to us.
There is one pitfall in your complaint.Once you evert the lid there appears a nodule like swelling at the corner.
This appears to be a lacrimal gland swelling which usually occurs due to auto immune problems and responds very well to steroids.Since you already have used steroid drops ,use them 4 to 5 times a day and you will start feeling better then you can safely leave your place.
Please do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.