Ask a Dentist   »  

Have bleeding gums while brushing. What should I do?

I m facing continous bleeding in my teeth. I mean whenever I brush, it starts bleeding.
Posted Sat, 15 Dec 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Gunjan Gupta 1 hour later

Thanks for writing in.

First of all I would like to inform you that bleeding gums while brushing indicates poor oral hygiene.
It means your gums need thorough scaling.
I will suggest you take an appointment for scaling to a dentist in your area as soon as possible.
If you do not take this treatment, it will lead to destruction of tooth supporting structures like gums and surrounding bone which will results in teeth loosing.
So please take an immediate action.
Meanwhile follow few instructions-
1.Brush twice daily.
2.Use betadine mouth rinses twice daily.
3.Use ultra soft tooth brush.
Nothing to get worried.
Hope this answered your query. If you will have further any doubt, I will be happy to help you.
Take Care.
Dr. Gunjan Gupta