Ask a Dentist   »  

Have bleeding gums and bad teeth with fillings nearly in all of them. Underlying cause?

i am 47 and have bleeding gums
have for few years.been dentist loads of times...have got the oral mouthwash given to me

also i have had loads of fillings due to my stupidity of getting them free whilst i was pregnant

as now i have lots of filligns nearly tooth chipped and i had t have crown as was too fillled and now another one has chipped .and got to have crown....:(...

im worried i will end up losing all my teeth early
will i

i dont smoke or drink

why have i bleeding gums and bad teeth
how can i get my smile whiter and teeth stronger........
Posted Mon, 24 Jun 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Bibhu Dutt Nanda 4 hours later

I will be glad to answer all your queries.

First of all, I would like you to know that bleeding gums is due to lack of proper oral hygiene or sometimes gum diseases can be inherited from parents.

But don't you worry I will provide you with the best possible preventive measures.

Kindly use a soft bristle tooth brush and brush your teeth twice a day, rinse your mouth warm saline water 3-4 times/day.

You can use an antibacterial mouth wash too twice/ day.

Visit your dentist every 6 months for a dental check up and get professional cleaning for your teeth.
For getting whiter teeth we have two options, teeth whitening can be either done by the dentist at frequent intervals or the dentist makes custom trays for home use which can be worn at night for whitening your teeth.

Both the procedures are equally effective only difference is the cost of the treatment .

Hope I answered your questions, feel free to post further queries I would be glad to answer them.

I wish you good health,