Have bleeding from anus, feels bloated. What could be the cause?

General Surgeon
hi having a lot of problems for a while now I wear a sanitry pad because I have loss of blood from anus very bloated have specialist appointment nxt mth feel I need to be look at now while its happening feel normal only 1wk of the mth
Posted Mon, 2 Sep 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. M Y Shareef 20 minutes later

I am Dr Shareef, a general surgeon answering your query.

The following few information from your side may be helpful in answering your query more efficiently:
1) Since when you are you having bleeding from anus and what is the amount of blood loss?
2) Is there any pain associated with passage of stool?
3) How are you bowel habits? Are you constipated most of the time?
4) How is your food habit? Do you take good amount of roughage and enough liquid or not and do you eat frequently (fast food) from outside?
5) Please provide me reports of any investigation done so far.

Till you provide me this information, you can start some over the counter iron preparations. Iron preparation such as ferrous sulfate is available as oral tablets/syrups. They will take care of anemia and weakness secondary to blood loss. Also he may add a multivitamin and calcium preparation if need be. Include a lot of fresh fruits and vegetable in your diet.

Awaiting further information from you on the above...

Good luck