Have bleeding during intercourse. Worried ?

Question
I have bleeding during intercourse. I went t my doctor few times and everything is fine for me. I am so co fuse
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Follow-up: Have bleeding during intercourse. Worried ? 3 minutes later
My doctor did freeze service for me also but sometime when I have sex still bleeding or some spot

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 2 hours later
Hi, XXXXXXX

Bleeding during sexual intercourse is not common. But it can happen due to some conditions such as:
1. Local infection or ulcer in private parts
2. Cervical erosion-ulcer like thing on tip of cervix
3. Forceful act
4. Lack of proper arousal lwhich might lead to poor lubrication and friction
at times.

Please discuss this with your gynecologist and get your self examined once again.

In mean time please use lubrication and ask your partner to use condom to avoid friction.

Take good healthy diet, XXXXXXX in fruits and salads to maintain over all good health.

I hope this answers your query; I will be glad to reply any follow up queries that you have.

Dr. Pragnesh

Follow-up: Have bleeding during intercourse. Worried ? 2 days later
Do you think birth control pills or stressful can cause that problem? Thanks

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later
Hi, XXXXXXX

Good to hear from you again.

No, birth control pills or stress may not always lead to bleeding.

Some spotting irrespective of act can happen due to pills.

Stress can lead to decrease in sex drive,this can lead to dryness during the act which can lead to bleeding at times but not every time.

Thank you for your respond. I did freez service before. I checked manual everything and they are fine. What should I do next? Thanks

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 31 minutes later
Hello again XXXXXXX

Thank you for writing back.

Best thing is to visit your doctor again and get your self examined for possible reasons.

There is nothing to worry about and I am sure this will settle down on its own. In case something like infection or some local problem is found, your doctor will give you treatment for the same.

As advised earlier use good amount of lubrication during sex and ask your partner to use a condom to avoid possible bleeding.

Wishing you speedy recovery.