Have bladder infection and started bleeding between periods. Diagnosed with ovarian cyst. Concerned

May 2013
Hi, here is my history, i would like to know if the symptoms are XXXXXXX : I started to bleed between my periods and had a bladder infection, my doctor gave me Zinnat 500g morning and night for 5 days. The 4th day, i started to have spots on my vagina and in my throat (left side only) as well as muscle pain sensation with no fever. Now I have a swollen lymph node on the left side of my neck and i couldnt sleep last night due to the pain. In the meantime, i have been diagnosed with Ovarian Cyst on the left side as well (5 cms). The spots on my vagina disappeared but the one in my throat is still there and my neck is stiff and painful.
Posted Mon, 20 Aug 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later

according to your description the possible explanation to your problem is,

-bleeding in between periods can occur due to,
as part of mittelsmerz syndrome, in which bleeding can be seen during ovulation,
or because of hormonal imbalance which may also be responsible for your ovarian cyst,
or as side effect of hormonal contraceptives(if you are using)

-fatigue etc,
as you used Zinnat 500g which is cefuroxime, that can cause candidial overgrowth as side effect, that may be responsible for your spots on vagina and throat,
and your throat infection might have spread to lymphnodes causing swelling and pain.
one more possibility is herpes infection which can affect throat and vagina.

so now what you can do is consult ENT surgeon and get examined for throat infection after taking treatment for that,
then you can consult gynecologist to find out the cause for your inter menstrual spotting and ovarian cyst.
usually ovarian cysts with size less than 5 cms and containing clear fluid without septa will regress soon, they can be just followed without need for treatment.
so once you confirm the nature of your cyst with your doctor then proceed accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.