Ask a Dentist   »  

Have black spot in teeth with discomfort. What could be the reason?

hi i have dental discomfort and pain since yesterday . I was suspecting it is early stage of wisdom teeth however when i looked in the mirror i found some other teeth has black spot which concerned me. i can share the pic i have taken. Please suggest remedy.
Posted Tue, 5 Feb 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Bibhu Dutt Nanda 1 hour later
Thanks for writing to us and posting your reports ,
After going through your reports, I would like you to know that if the pain is associated with sensitivity to hot or cold food (then the reason might be dental decay) but if the pain is dull and intermittent ( comes off and on) with no sensitivity then an erupting wisdom tooth might be the reason.
If dental decay is the cause for pain then root canal treatment is one of the treatment options. In case of an erupting wisdom tooth, your dentist will prescribe a few medication and antibacterial mouth wash to relieve symptoms.
In either case a dental X-ray of the tooth is required, which will confirm the cause.
I will advise you to see a dentist soon, as a thorough dental check up is needed.

Until then , I will recommend you to perform warm saline rinses(3-4 times/day), and use an antibacterial mouth wash(twice/day) for a week.

I hope this answer was useful. If you have any further queries kindly write back to us.

I wish you good health,
take care.