Have black scab like things on penis, comes back after scraping. What could it be?

Jul 2012

What are these black scab like things on my penis?
Are they genital wart? They do not go away...there are more on the underside of my penis that are down by mu circumcision line ..if i scrub them off or scrape them off they eventually come back
Posted Sat, 20 Jul 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 7 hours later
Hi there XXXXXXX
I have read your brief history & viewed the photos.
They do not look like genital warts but are more likely to be 'comedones' or in simple lay-person terms 'blackheads'...given that you can scrape or rub them off..warts cannot generally be removed like this & reveal pin-point bleeding spots on removal at the base.
You will require to go across to a venereologist or dermatologist & get an 'electrocauterisation' done of these lesions under local anaesthesia & this should set it right. Local creams may be irritant & not have the same effect & cause recurrence.
Good luck & in either case, please do practice safe sex at all times .
Regds & best wishes
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Follow-up: Have black scab like things on penis, comes back after scraping. What could it be? 1 hour later do u think these were not sexually transmitted? Could these be caused from dry skin? Or perhaps even trauma due to frequent or vigorous masturbation?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 2 hours later
Yes to both your queries...both could be contributory but not directly linked to the primary pathology...more an issue akin to the blackheads of acne...a degenerative issue. so idea is to 'remove' them once & for all using electrocautery. They should not recur in the same place but you may get new ones over time. Yes moisturiser good idea if you find dryness an issue. Cheers.
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD