Have black ring around wrist. Hands gets dried and painful. What should be done?

my son has black ring around his wrist and after 20min in water his hands dry up and its painful
Posted Fri, 24 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 4 hours later

It seems like your son has a probable superficial fungal infection around his wrist.

I would like to know few more details from you to suggest you better. Please do not mind to answer these.

1. Is there itching in it along with the pain?

2. How long has the black ring been there?

3. Are there any other similar lesions anywhere else in his body?

Is it possible to upload a image of the same? You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better.

If it is a fungal infection, then a topical antifungal like Clotrimazole or Lotrimin will help him to get rid of it soon. It is available over the counter in US. It has to be applied twice a day on the affected part for 2 weeks minimum.

Hope this helps.

Awaiting your response.