Have black dots on labia, spotting. Cause?

what causes small black spots to appear on your labia? I have several small black dots ,I thought was blisters but you can't pop them. I had some bright red blood on the tissue when i wiped 2 days ago and tonight, Thats how I found the spots.but the blood seems to be from vagina,
Posted Wed, 21 Aug 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. R.G. Joshi 45 minutes later

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

Black spots on labia can be due to one of following reasons.

1.Warts; These are viral infections and common in sexually active persons.

2.Fungal infections;They are associated with itching.

3.Manipulation of labia with depilatory creams leading to allergy and black spots.

4.Angiokeratoma;These are tiny spots of blood vessels .They become thrombosed leading to black spots.

Considering your age I can assume black spots can be due to angiokeratoma.But it is somewhat difficult to make exact diagnosis without visual impression.It will be better if you upload a photograph if possible.

Bleeding from vagina if is in small amount then you need not to worry much.

If in case there is profuse bleeding then you need to consult your doctor.

In summary black spots can be due to angiokeratoma and somewhat bleeding is common from them.It is a harmless condition and there is nothing much required.

I hope this can solve your query.In case you have any concerns I will be happy to help you.