Have bites in different places. Diagnosed insect bite. Prescribed steroid cream. Now having tiny red itchy spots. Remedy?

I have bites in different places and for the past month I have seen an urgent care doc who said it was an insect bite. He gave me a steroid cream. I then got more, tiny red bites that are very itchy singular spots. I saw my family doc and she said they were allergy from working in yard. Today I saw a dermatologist who said she thogut bed bugs. I have checked for bed bugs cannot find any symptom of them. The dermatologist couldn't really see anything except the remains. I have only had two independent spots with a line and about 3 pimples. What do I do now. Wait and see
Posted Wed, 25 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about these recent bites which has yielded different answers on different visits.

From the information you have provided, what seems common to all the thoughts is that there is an allergic phenomenon going on. The difficulty has been to identify the man cause which of course is very important to control and prevent future episodes.

For now, I would advice that you take meticulous steps to address whatever possible cause this could have been. Monitor and see what happens in the days or weeks ahead. If any new ones should develop, then immediately try to identify where you are and see if there is anything in the environment that could have caused /or explain this. This would be helpful in identifying what the culprit is. For example, if this happens when you wake up from bed after a nap or sleep, it could be a bed bug. If it happens when you are working or just worked on the yard, it could be that the cause is related to this.

For now, stay relaxed, monitor new lesions and correlate findings for future interventions and prevention. Am pretty confident these remaining lesions would resolve by themselves soon. Put an eye on future episodes and surrounding circumstances.

I hope this addresses your query fully. Feel free to ask for follow up questions for clarifications and I would gladly respond to.
I wish you good health.
Dr. Ditah, MD