Have bilateral polycystic ovarian disease, irregular periods, taking ayurvedic treatment, weight gain, hair on face, white discharge. Treatment?

hi, I'm 21 yr old. I'm suffering from BILATERAL POLYCYSTIC OVARIAN DISEASE from last 5 years. In the starting their is gap of 1-2 mnths in my periods, bt after some time this gap increases.My periods only happen in those mnths in which i'hv taken the medicine. These days i'm on ayurvedic treatment bt i've also done homeopethic and alopethic treatment. My weigth is increasing, their are lot of hairs on my face nd stomach. White discharge is ther. Recently frm last 5 mnths i don't hv the menses. Please tell me the treatment for this.
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
The symptoms reported by you as irregular cycles,hairy look and weight gain are indicative of hormonal imbalance due to PCOD.(Polycystic ovarian disease)

In polycystic ovaries the hormone dis-balance is such that there are long intervals in between two periods. The best way to regularize the periods in such a situation is to take oral pills.

Some other adjuvant drugs like metformin are also reported to help during weight loss and to upregulate the hormone receptors.

PCOD in long term can also cause fertility issues.Kindly consider visiting a Gynaecologist for detailed evaluation so that appropriate treatment can be started soon. Regular treatment is needed after a detailed hormonal evaluation.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.