Have been using Triiamcinolon Acetonide cream but blisters keep coming. Suggest?

I have been using Triiamcinolon Acetonide cream 0.1% for a couple of weeks. I am 89 years old. Blisters keep coming..
Posted Fri, 16 Aug 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 11 minutes later
With such a small description provided, its difficult to think of a particular disease and help you out. Please give an elaborate description of the lesions- onset, duration, site, type of lesions, color, itchy/ non itchy etc.
If possible also attach an image of your concerned lesions.
Hoping to hear from you soon.
Follow-up: Have been using Triiamcinolon Acetonide cream but blisters keep coming. Suggest? 59 minutes later
This is called dishydrodic eczema. I have been using triamcinolone acetonide cream, 0.1% for two or three weeks and I seem to keep getting more blisters on my hand and feet. The blisters on my feet are almost as large as a quarter and bleed when lanced. The ones on my hands also bleed as they dry up.
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 16 hours later
Dear Ma'am,
If lesions seem to have developed pus, please apply a topical antibiotic cream admixed in steroid cream.
Sometimes topical steroid alone are not able to control and treat eczema, in such cases a course of oral steroid should be taken in tapering dose. It would give you wonderful result.
Also take oral antihistamine like cetirizine to prevent the itch.

Thanks for writing back.
Dyshidrotic eczema or pompholyx is a type of hand eczema.
The same can be treated by
Use a mild cleansing bar to wash hands(cetaphil )
Avoid house hold chores completely or wear gloves while working
Use a lactic acid or urea based moisturiser multiple times in a day
Do not XXXXXXX the vesicles or blisters as these are quite deep seated and instead may infect the lesions
Use a potent steroid cream twice in a day. After applying steroid cover your hands with cling film for better penetration of drug and more effectiveness.
Hopefully with these steps, you will have good response.
Should there be any doubt regarding dyshidrotic eczema please write back.
Wishing you speedy recovery.