Have been under stress causing high BP. How to maintain it?
User rating for this question
Have recently been under stress causing 100/150 bp. 2 weeks back during routine health check conducted in our branch, my bp recorded was 90/110. BMI-25.3. Sugar-121 post lunch.
Posted Sun, 8 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Serial BP measurements are important Detailed Answer: Hi Single time BP measurement is no value to institute treatment. The doctors generally need at least three BP recordings taken in their office for three weeks. I found that the second reading was not very high. My suggestion for you is to see a local doctor, let him record BP at the same time during each day you visit with the same instrument and same person. If any two reading were more than 140/90 you need medication. I would not treat him with medicine on one reading or two readings. Till then I suggest the following 1) Restrict salt to 1 tsp per day 2) Increase potassium rich food like vegetables, fruit to 6 servings per day 3) Increase fiber intake 4) At least 2 and half hours of walk per week 5) contain stress as you were complaining about BP and Sugar appears to be normal. Any other concerns please let me know.
Follow-up: Have been under stress causing high BP. How to maintain it? 16 hours later
Many thanks, XXXXX
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Close the discussion and rate Detailed Answer: Thank you, I am glad that I am of some help to you. Please close the discussion and rate it.
People also viewed
- How to lower high bp
- How to treat high bp
- Causes of high bp and how to lower it
- Is folvite 5mg is safe to use
- Shaky 3 hours after eating
- Indigestion after eating wheatabix
- Could it be high bp or stress
- Skin looks like sunburn after eating
- Zolfresh 5mg side effects
- Side effects of vozet 5mg
- Side effects of sysron n 5mg
- What causes high bp how to lower it
- Itchy stomach after eating
- Stressnil 5mg tablets side effects
- Eating popcorn after hysterectomy