Have been taking microgynon pill, started bleeding after sex. Does this make a difference?

Hi there, I have been taking the microgynon pill for years now and often take 2 packs without a break. I am currently doing this and just started bleeding alot only half way through 2nd pack. I usually wouldnt bleed until few days into break. The bleed did occur after sex would this make a difference? Thank you for your help.
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

A breakthrough bleeding can happen if you take two packs of microgynon without a pill free period in between.

What you noticed is due to the hormonal changes of the body and is not worrisome. It is not likely to be indicative of any pathology. After finishing the second pack, you might not bleed at all this time. You can start with the next pack after the pill free period even if there is no bleeding.

Do not worry. Just wait for the bleeding to subside and watch out for any more such irregularities.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal.