Have been taking azento for acne. Noticed change in vaginal discharge and odour. What to do?

I'm 23 year old. I've been taking azento 500 since XXXXXXX 7th thrice a week for acne. For the past week or so I've noticed a change in my vaginal discharge and odour. I know I shouldn't stop the medication for risk of developing resistance . What should I do? I cannot consult the same doctor since I'm living at a different state now.
Posted Mon, 19 Aug 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 11 minutes later
The azithromycin should not be responsible for the vaginal discharge or odour.
Keep taking it as advised. Now the vaginal discharge and odour can occur due to hygiene problems,or infections. You will need to see a doctor and be examined about the type of infection you be having. the commonest infections are yeast,vaginosis, trichomonisasis. etc. You may need antibiotics for that also depending on the severity of the infection. Start maintaining good hygiene and take some probiotics.
Follow-up: Have been taking azento for acne. Noticed change in vaginal discharge and odour. What to do? 37 hours later
Can you suggest any mild vaginal wash for everyday use? I use baby XXXXXXX soap since I think it's mild.
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 19 minutes later
V wash plus or women's essentials are available in the market . If you cant get it then ask the chemist to give you something similar. Any mild soap is fine .