Have been switched to Vivelle. Worried about risk of weight gain. Had gastric-bypass. Suggestions?

Question
I have been switched to Vivelle, and am worried about the risk of weight gain. I have also had gastric-bypass and am dealing with some serious bone issues.
Posted Sun, 29 Sep 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Try the medication for few days and observe

Detailed Answer:

Its very common for women to show weight changes when on estrogen supplements. The weight changes is not always the gain, some loose too. It essential that you exercise well and bring down the carbohydrates and fats.

The bone issue may get solved, as estrogen prevents osteoporosis. It helps to incorporate calcium in the bones and help in healing and prevent joint diseases.

Gastric Bypass may cause no interaction with the usage of the medication.

Hope, I answered your query.

regards,

Follow-up: Have been switched to Vivelle. Worried about risk of weight gain. Had gastric-bypass. Suggestions? 31 minutes later
I already have osteoporosis, along with osteoarthritis, scolosis, and degenerative disc disease in my spine. I lost part of my pancrease so the diabetis is out of control, and I have a growth coming back in my neck where I had to have a tumor removed and I DON'T KNOW WHICH WAY TO GO AND WHAT TO ATTACK FIRST. I could use some advise.

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 41 hours later
Brief Answer:
Growth in the neck should be addressed first

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing back.

Osteoporosis and other bone lesions may be ignored for time being as Vivelle prevents progression of the disease.

As far as diabetes is concerned there are medications to control the blood sugars.

I would feel worried about the tumor re-growing n the neck which could be a serious issue if its not benign this time. Re-growth is not a good sign.

Visit your surgeon as soon as possible.

regards,

Follow-up: Have been switched to Vivelle. Worried about risk of weight gain. Had gastric-bypass. Suggestions? 1 hour later
Thank you for getting back to me. I shall make calls tomorrow to set up an appointment. I am also concerned about the growth. Not only is it getting larger in my neck, I now also have a growth on the same side behind the ear, both of which, are very uncomfortable at times, and the one behind the ear has some kind of non-blood drainage.

I have a very long serious medical history and I really don't know sometimes what keeps me fighting and holding on!

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
We are here to help you

Detailed Answer:

A regrowth from a operated part must always be considered and evaluated first.

Wish you good health.