Have been suffering unwanted hair problem and hair fall problem. Suggest?

Dermatologist
Question
Hello sir, I have been suffering unwanted hair problem and also hair fall problem
from 9 yrs
Posted Sat, 24 Aug 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 3 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX
Hair fall and unwanted hair both together indicate that there is hormonal imbalance.
This type of imbalance happens in cyst of ovary. I would suggest you to get an ultrasound of abdomen and pelvis done. This will confirm the diagnosis. Based on this report treatment can be started. For now you can start using minoxidil lotion. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you

Follow-up: Have been suffering unwanted hair problem and hair fall problem. Suggest? 1 hour later
i had done treatment of cyst on ovary and after that my periods was regular till now but my unwanted hair problem and hair falls problem are not recover. one month ago i have done ultrasound but in my ovary there is no single cyst. please suggest me what to do?

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
ok, thats good to know that there are no cysts at present.
Please get the following additional tests done,
1. Free as well as bound testosterone.
2. SHBG levels
3. DHEAS levels

The above are hormones and their levels can lead to a diagnosis on the basis of which treatment can be done.

Regarding treatment, you can start with minoxidil 2 % application and androanagen tablet daily one.

Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you