Have been putting Lamisil on rash that was identified as ring worm. What else can be done?

I have been putting Lamisil on a rash that was identified as ring worm for 2 months, and it has not gone. Should I be doing something else?
Posted Thu, 8 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 1 hour later

I am dr XXXXXXX and I will try my level best to help you.

Based on the information, you tried applying Lamisil for two months but its not getting better.

You have ringworm, and if it do not get better by local application of over the counter antifungal, that means it may have spread deeper into skin. And you will need to have prescription strength medication, which may be in oral form/ tropical application.

Advice - Consult local dermatologist and have it checked. You will need prescription strength medication to get it go away. I can't write prescription for you on the internet.

Hope it helps. Please feel free to contact me in case of further concern/ clarification.