Have been passing out for long, going through menopause. Related?

I have been passing out for 6 years and think I'm going through menopause could that be the cause because it seems to happen when I'm on it
Posted Mon, 28 Oct 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, fatigue is a symptom that can cause faiting

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am and welcome.

Thank you for writing in.

Fatigue is a symptom of menopause ma'am, and fatigue can result in fainting spells or even just give the feeling of wanting to pass out. At the age of 43, this could be attributed to menopause. But as mentioned, you have been experiencing this since the last 6 years, so it would be best to get yourself checked as well ma'am.

If your central nervous system, cardiac and coagulation profiles are all normal, then we can attribute your passing out spells to menopause.

I hope this information helps. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help.

Take care ma'am.