Have been on Synthroid. Get rash on arms, face and chest when exposed in sun. Related?

I have been on Synthroid for a couple of years now. Have noticed since being on Synthroid that any time I have exposure to sun - 30 minutes or more - I get a rash in the area of sun exposure - arms, chest, neck, face. The rash reminds me of the reaction I had as a child to poison ivy. Do you think this is related to the Synthroid? Is there anything I can do for it? Or should I just stay out of the sun...
Posted Wed, 31 Jul 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
This photo sensitivity might not be related to synthyroid. In hypo thyroid people photo sensitivity is usually seen. Dont worry just use some sun screen with 50 spf. Its better to avoid sun. You can take lycorich plus capsule. This acts as an oral sunscreen.
Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you