Have been on Ramapril and take Amlodipine. Having tingling sensation in hands. Blood test normal. Cause?

I have been on Ramapril 2.5 + 1.5 for about 4 years and also take 5mg of Amlodipine daily, I have been having strange, spaced out feelings in my body, have tingling sensation in hands, and generally feeling unwell. Have spoken to my GP and have had a number of blood tests done - all negative. Could it be the amlodipne thats causinmg the problem? When I stopped taking the amlodipine for a couple of days before seeing my GP I seemed to feel better. However, today I have not taken it and feel quite unwell. The "spaced out feelings" tend to begin about 1.1/2 hours after taking the amlodipine. My BP is well controlled. Thanks
Posted Wed, 2 Oct 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
may be possible.

Detailed Answer:
Respected sir
1. Tingling, flushing, palpitation, uneasiness can occur after amlodipine therapy. It happens because of its BP lowering and blood vessel dilating effects. At times true abnormal sensation (parasthesias) may occur with it. Since you do not feel any symptoms the day you don't take it, it is plausible that amlodipine is responsible for the symptoms.
2. A postural fall in BP should be examined at time of symptoms to rule out postural hypotension. If there is significant fall, a dose adjustment or withdrawal will be required.
3. There may be other causes for such sensations like neuropathies. If no other reason could be found, the drug may have to be withdrawn.
You need to consult your physician on this issue.
Hope this helps. Feel free to discuss further.