Have been on Lotrel and BP is controlled. Missed dosage. Suggest?

Cardiologist, Interventional
I have been on Lotrel for the last few years and my blood pressure is well controlled on it. (poorly when off of it. I have been known to run 160/120 when not medicated. I went to take my medication before bed, and discovered that i was out. i can pick it up in the morning. Is it ok for me to wait until then? (age 46, female, overweight)
Posted Sat, 5 Oct 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Should be fine

Detailed Answer:
Though it should not be acceptable norm, generally occasional missing of one dose of long acting BP medicine for 12 hr should not be a major concern. But please do make sure that you get them first thing in morning and take.

Don't allow it to happen frequently.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Follow-up: Have been on Lotrel and BP is controlled. Missed dosage. Suggest? 29 minutes later
Thank you for your help. I will pick them up in fewer than 12 hours and take them.
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 22 hours later
Brief Answer:
Thanks take care

Detailed Answer:
Hope you already picked up your meds and had them.