Have been on Amlodipine Besylate. Taking HGH releasor but no effect. Is it safe?

Ive been on Amlodipine Besylate for about a month(8 days at 10mg). For about a week I've been taking an hgh releasor(Sero-Vital Hgh). Its 4 capsules on an empty stomach. Each dose of 4 capsules has 2.9 grams of a proprietary blend of...
L-lysine, L Arginine, Oxo-Proline, N-Acetyl L Cysteine, L Glutamine, Schizonepeta(ariel parts) powder. I've taken two capsules and even three capsules with no effect. I read Arginine could have contra-indications with blood pressure medicine. Is this hgh releasor safe?
Posted Sun, 21 Jul 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 1 hour later
Dear Sir
1. Arginine acts by getting converted into nitric oxide in the body. Nitric oxide is a vasodilator and widens the small blood vessels which otherwise provide resistance to blood flow. Once dilatation or widening of these blood vessels occur the resistance to flow of blood falls and the blood pressure falls. It also induces release of growth hormone and insulin in body.
2. As per the available literature, the combination of arginine with blood pressure lowering medicines should be avoided as this may result in excessive fall in blood pressure. Although FDA does not provide direct guidelines on this issue but most of the literature supports against their concomitant use.
3. If HGH (human growth hormone) "releasor" is a must for you, you should consult your cardiologist and plan its intake under strict supervision and monitoring.
Hope this clarifies the issue. If there is anything else , please feel free to write.
Follow-up: Have been on Amlodipine Besylate. Taking HGH releasor but no effect. Is it safe? 2 hours later
Thank you for your answer.

Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 4 hours later
You are welcome sir.