Have been off birth control for over a year and a half but still haven't got period back. Advise?

Question
hello, I've talked to a few doctors and got some answers. I am wondering if I could ask my question to someone else. I have been off birth control for over a year and a half but still haven't gotten my period back. Also, I was wondering about some things I don't understand in my medical history regarding an abortion.
Posted Sun, 30 Jun 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 55 minutes later

Thank you for writing to XXXXXXX

Not getting periods for more than a year i.e medically known as Secondary Amenorrhoea needs to be evaluated. Few common causes are pregnancy related, thyroid abnormalities, stress is a big factor, anorexia nervous(eating disorders), prolactin hormone problem and Poly cystic ovarian disease i.e poly cystic ovarian disease. Hence I suggest you to consult a Gynecologist, get yourself clinically evaluated.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups. If you like my answer kindly rate my answer and write a review as well.

Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile
WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: Have been off birth control for over a year and a half but still haven't got period back. Advise? 1 hour later
where can I find a gynecologist in my area?

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 6 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
Thank you for your feedback question. I am sorry, as I am practicing in India, I don't know any of the gynecologists in your current area.

There are reviews written by our users about doctors in our listing, those can guide you for a better doctor. You can search for a doctor in your area. WWW.WWWW.WW
In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups. If you like my answer kindly rate my answer and write a review as well.