Have been masturbating regularly since teen ages. Will this cause problem in future life?

Question
hello sir i have musterbrating regularly since my teenages lying face down on the bed will it create problems in my future sex life thnks in advance
Posted Wed, 25 Sep 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not really

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Masturbation is a normal activity and has no side-effects unless done excessively. It is common and all males do it. You should not feel guilty about it and instead should feel happy about it.

In fact this myth is the most common that it affects sex-life at a later stage.

Let me know if you need further clarification.

Dr Vaishalee

Follow-up: Have been masturbating regularly since teen ages. Will this cause problem in future life? 51 minutes later
i have read in some medical journals that musturbrating face down lying on the bed is not healthy is it so

Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Research goes on

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

I think this is normal unless some injury is happening. To avoid injury you may avoid doing masturbation excessively or with vigorously. Still it should not have that much impact to cause some abnormality later. Actually around 6 - 7% men do it in this position.

Some type of research keeps coming up on internet. Unless it is documented in medical journals or goes down in medical literature, its authenticity cannot be confirmed.

Still if you feel this position may have side-effects, you may try the more preferred positions.

Dr Vaishalee