Have been masturbating lot causing sore penis and peeling skin. When to resume sex?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2013
Mar 2013
Question
hi i have been masturbating a lot over the last few days i know it is not an sit.i have a sore on my penis caused through this like which has worn the skin away.it appears to be healing. How long before I can resume sex with my partner and is there any cream I can use.
Posted Fri, 25 Oct 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
DETAILED BELOW

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
As long as you are reasonably sure that the sore is not an STI, and is merely due to prolonged masturbation, there is no cause for worry.
You can apply a bland cream, such as Aqueous Cream, or even Vaseline, locally.
As you say that the sore is already appearing to be healing, I would ask you to abstain from sex / masturbation for a few days ( 3 - 4 days ) until you are sure that it has disappeared.
Even after that, make sure that you are not very rough during sex for the next couple of weeks.
Meanwhile, do not rub or handle the area much.
Do not be very vigorous while cleaning the sore .
While bathing, make sure that you do not pour very hot water on it, let the bath water be lukewarm. XXXXXXX it dry with a clean cotton / linen towel, and then apply the cream.
It should be fine within a couple of days.
All the best.
Please feel free to ask for further clarifications.