Have been light headed, arm numbness. Had heart attack, with by pass. Started when quit smoking. Suggest?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
for the past several days I have been light headed numbness in my arms. I had a heart attack 3 years ago,with 4 by pass.this all started when I quit smoking 2 weeks ago.i started wearing the patch to help quit smoking ,could that be the problem?
Posted Wed, 9 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Not a problem ,you need to watch further.

Detailed Answer:

As per your history possibility of numbness can be withdral symptom as you have stopped smoking.
You can continue use of patch . If numbness persist then further investigation like MRI cervical spine may be required.

You can start vit B12 [ tab methylcobalamine] daily to reduce numbness.
If numbness associated with sweating, or chest or shoulder pain then you need to consult your physician.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Take care,